Thursday, August 14, 2008

Bangkok


Hello to my people! It's time for blogging again, yippee! I arrived safely to Bangkok after a near 20 hours in an airplane. It was pretty crazy...I left the house in Colorado on Tuesday morning and was crawling into bed at 4am on Thursday morning. Weird. The other girl with GRI, Bethany, flew in shortly after I did. The good news - she had two of her friends she had met in Burma meet us there. These guys have lived in Burma/Thailand for about two years so have been most helpful. We went to lunch today and got some items at what looks like an Asian Walmart. My noodles were pretty good but had some very salty mini-shrimp looking things with the eyeballs and all. Yummy. I must admit that Bangkok is not my thing - not so much into the big city thing. We will take a night train on Friday to head up to Chiang Mai. I think it is a twelve hour ride. Then the meetings and all chaos start on Saturday. If Chiang Mai is anything like Bangkok regarding internet access - I'll be online multiple times a day. If you get frequent emails from me, just give me grace :O) I'm a bit lonely and missing everyone.

Much love! ~k

No comments:

"Fear destroys joy. Live in it, and you will know the pain of constant, chronic, low-grade anxiety. Transcend it, and you will know delight." John Ortberg