

I wanted to get another post up so that people can begin praying. Yesterday, Wes and I brought back two small children from a village about an hour and a half away. Both parents died from TB and the children are living with their grandmother. The little boy is 4 (moses) and the girl is 8 (sharon). She is sick with TB and hasn't gotten better with taking medication...GRI helped her out last September. Her grandmother makes her do the cooking, fetching water from miles away, and she has to mother her little brother...despite being so sick. The grandmother usually drinks alot of brew during the day and doesn't do much "caring." Her neighbors told her that she was going to end up killing the girl with her response being "I don't care. We are all doing to die." It's a really sad situation. The kids are precious though!! The whole way home yesterday and then last night Sharon was very snuggly with me. You know it feels good to feel loved! They learned how to use a "real" toilet and just giggle now whenever it flushes! They have been a joy. Last night I felt like a mother...four different times in the night they came into my room and I had to walk them back to bed :) I wish we spoke the same language but we are getting good at acting out our communication. Jackson, one of our Ugandan staff members, took Sharon to the hospital today and it turns out that she has been receiving enough medication for an obese adult. She is a tiny African girl!! Please pray for her and her brother. Tomorrow morning Wes and I will be talking with some of our friends here in Lira who are missionaries who run an orphanage. We don't know if they have any openings or if Sharon and Moses meet all of the criteria. We know prayer is a powerful thing!!!!
I am going to go to bed now. I'm absolutely exhausted...long hours in the field, emotional days, and I'm not sleeping well at night with everything that is on the mind. Despite the fatigue, I wouldn't want to be anywhere else right now. I cried yesterday at a medical distribution for people with HIV - not because I was sad but because I was so touched to see their smiling faces and felt incredibly blessed to be with them. My heart is full :) I am totally blessed to be here and it is because of our supporters back home that Wes, Jolene and I are here and that we have the capability to bring people like Sharon into the hospital and pay for it all. Praise God!!
Love you guys!
3 comments:
Hey Sis - After reading your comments I was looking over the Psalms and found Psalm 91 to be quite comforting for little Sharon. It says: "He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust." Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the perilous pestilence. He shall cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you shall take refuge; His truth shall be your shield and bucklet. You shall not be afraid of the terror by night, Nor of the arrow that flies by day, Nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness, Nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday.....because you have made the LORD, who is my refuge, Even the Most High, your dwelling place, no evil shall befall you, nor shall any plague come near your dwelling; For He shall give His angels charge over you." God be with you. Love you!
Keira, I love seeing and reading about you but I must say that I hesitate to read about the children because my heart breaks for them. I am so proud of you for following God's heart. You have been a servant for as long as I can remember and I know you are one of the angels God has sent to minister to the little children. May God continue to bless and protect you as you continue to serve those He loves.
Love, Aunt Kim
Just imagine what God can do in the lives of those kids if he get's a hold on them. It will be awesome for you to meet them in heaven one day knowing what they went through here on earth. Their lives may lack substance now but God can do so much through them and all of their struggles. He can give them an incredible testimony and their inheritance will be so much greater in heaven. Thanks for giving of yourself to them.
In Mark 9:23 Jesus said "If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes."
Post a Comment