Friday, May 8, 2009

Buckle Up!

It's gonna be a crazy ride! The first team of 4 arrives on Monday. I've spent the last week planning their daily schedules which means I haven't slept much! There were some days that I worked until 11:30pm, woke up at 5:30 the next morning and started working at 6:00. BUT - with 4 teams coming in a 2 1/2 week time frame I decided we need some major organization :) They will be going to the ranch, taking lanuage class, helping with English class, participating in the bakery with the children, observing the Rehab room and/or elective classes the children take, manual labor projects, putting on programs, doing B-studies, visiting an orphanage, tourist stuff etc. Since the teams get here at different times they will be on different schedules. Plus, they need someone from CRAM to go to meals with them to help them order because they can't speak the language. That is a ton to keep track of! That is why I decided we need to be organized. We want the teams to feel at ease and taken care of. While all this is going on, the CRAM members still have their normal tasks to manage (me the rehab room and the ranch; others language classes and family). Whew!! Like I said - it's going to be crazy so Buckle Up people!

The horses are doing better, finally! I've been going out 2-3 times a week to work with them. Last Thursday I took 5 people with me and trained them to be horse leaders for the hippotherapy sessions. They did great!! This makes me feel very positive about the program - and excited! I spoke with the principal and she is okay with what we proposed (schedule, children, etc). This is a wonderful blessing!! The current principal is new this year and apparently MUCH nicer and obliging. The last principal was not so nice and loving and often wouldn't let volunteers play with the children.

I know I said I'm super busy but I'm loving it. Patricia and CY (everyone calls them mama and papa) said it seems like I've been working for them for years. They say I can't leave in November :) It is amazing how at ease I am here and how it feels so natural. Praise Him! Sorry I haven't put up any photos. People don't like their picture taken here (people out in public that is) - they get offended so I'm trying to be respectful. Hopefully I'll soon learn how to ask in Chinese. I love photos and I want to give you all a visual of the world I'm living in.

Okay - I must rest while I can. I'll soon be heading out to meet with some girls to go bowling or roller skating and then we are having some Korean-Chinese students over tonight. Last weekend we went to KTV - karaoke! It was so much fun. Each group has their own room with couches and a big screen tv with microphones. It was a blast - switching off from us singing American songs and them singing Chinese songs and everyone dancing around...it's hilarious at times :)

Wish you were here!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Keira,
I love reading about what all is happening. It sounds like an adventure cut out just for you. Get your rest while you can and enjoy all the business otherwise. I wish I could send you some chocolate chip cookies!!! Tammy

"Fear destroys joy. Live in it, and you will know the pain of constant, chronic, low-grade anxiety. Transcend it, and you will know delight." John Ortberg